Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Saturday, November 03, 2007

5 Months 3 weeks post Op/ 26 Days til debracing!

I was looking at the calendar today. I have been counting every 4 weeks as a month instead of going by the actual monthly calendar. So...technically I'm exactly 5 months 1 week and 2 days post op today! LOL..... This really doesn't make much difference but I suppose it could be encouraging to others in that I've been coming along so well in even less time then I thought it had been.

I'm still on Biaxin, have 3 more days to go. Now with that being said, my sinuses seemed to have cleared up but I can't shake this cough that I have. I think my sinuses are draining still and it is causing me to have all this crud in the back of my throat. I can't stand it so I'm clearing my throat like every few minutes. It sucks! I have tried everything to get rid of it I swear. Today I broke out my husbands canadian mist whiskey sample that he got from his uncle. I need to preface this with the fact that we don't drink. I mean very very rarely...like every few years we will have a margarita or something but nothing on a regular basis. So...one tiny little swig of canadian mist is enough to make me light headed. I was really coughing this morning so right out of the shower I took a couple sips. Short of being able to feel it all the way down to my toes I don't think it did much of anything to get rid of my cough. It did burn though, and give me heartburn, plus made me so tired for the rest of the day. :( Am I a lightweight or what??? I'm thinking I might have to get on an inhaler to clear things up. This happened to me once before a long long time ago and an inhaler was the only way we could make it go away. I really hate those things though as they make me all weak in the knees, shakey, dizzy, and light headed. I hate taking medicine!

On a happier note. I have 26 days left til my braces come off! wooo hooo..... I can't believe its getting so close!

As for healing, things are going well, lower lip and chin are still improving daily believe it or not! The left side that was super numb has been getting much better. Still have a ways to go but I can feel my lower lip now much more so then before, it feels now like it will get to 100% eventually.

Sleep continues to be amazing....so so wonderful to be able to sleep. Even now when I have trouble falling asleep I still wake up feeling rested because I sleep solidly for the few hours I may get. I feel like this operation has given me my life back.

Well its getting late and I'm tired....so, I will post more tomorrow! Peace out People!
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

  • At 4:11 AM, Blogger Tara said…

    WOW Brandy, I can't wait until my debracing is 26 days away! You look AMAZING!!! Can't wait to see how your teeth look without the braces.
    Actually being able to sleep must make a HUGE difference in your quality of life! I have Restless Leg Syndrome, so there are days that I can't sleep, but I can't even imagine not being able to get a good nights sleep every night. I am SO happy for you that this surgery helped with your Apnea. It's amazing what this surgery can help with.

    ~ Tara

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Shontelly said…

    26 days?! U lucky dog u!! well, your teeth look amazing and I can't see them getting any straighter either. A close up of that picture shows little stars in your eyes. =D
    I have trouble falling asleep at night too.. that's my brains fault though. I think too much!! Anyhoo.. must feel GREAT that your pretty much all finished!! Good for you!

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger Anne said…

    Hi Chickie!
    I am so jealous of where you are! I am now 10 days out and doing well. The first few days were hell but after now I am just cruising along healing.

    I blogged alot this weekend to get everything current.

    You aren't on any antihypertensives are you? I coughed (dry, hacky) for three months once with Altace. I didn't realize that this was one of the possible side effects. It is a long shot, but just thought I'd ask.

    Congrats on doing soooo well!
    Anne

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Well Shontell said it before I could, I just looked at your picture and was amazed at the sparkle in your eyes. It really shows how happy you are! You look great and sound ecstatic. Good For You!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home