Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Wooo Hooo! I Have A Debracing Date!

Saw the ortho this morning! He said we are running out of stuff to do and that we could set a debracing date today. He asked me if there were any areas I had concerns about. I told him about my right first and second incisors looking a bit off to me. He explained that it was a filling in one of them, that he will shave down and level out when he debraces me, and explained a few other technical details regarding some other areas in my mouth. He then put my wires back in and told the assistant to put my "last powerchains" on the top and bottom so we can keep everything secure. I figured I would go out with a bang and picked pastel pink! I actually really like this color, I should've picked it sooner!

We scheduled November 29th for my debracing! Not as soon as I had hoped for, as I really wanted it to be like in 2 weeks! But hey, I have a date, they are for sure coming off, so I guess I can survive another 6 weeks! Woo Hoo! I'm so excited! The end is near!

Here are my new PINK powerchains!
Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Kristy Eng said…

    Oh Brandy im soooooo excited for you!!! What great news thats so exciting. Bet when you started your adventures u thought this day would never come, but its almost here. You are definately gona have to post some mad photo's of your new pearlies, cant wait to see them!!!!!

     
  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    Hi Brandy! Yeah! Its funny but as anxious as I was to get my braces off, I do sometimes miss them. Can't wait to see your pic without braces! Mary

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG what GREAT news!!! Not to mention how I'm jealous I am =) Regardless it's wonderful news..you give us hope!

    -Sue

     
  • At 4:37 AM, Blogger Graham said…

    Love the pink power chains! And your occlusion looks fantastic! You're almost ready to move to Retainerville. :o) Let the countdown begin!

     
  • At 4:51 AM, Blogger Shontelly said…

    That's really great Brandy!! I thought for sure the pink was for breast cancer awareness month. ha!
    Your teeth look fantastic!!!

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Congrats!!
    You have been quite an inspiration and have given us all hope.
    Your teeth look amazing!!

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger Tara said…

    WOW Brandy! You have a date! I must say, i am jealous! I can't wait to see the pics of your teeth minus braces! They look great now, so I can only imagine how great they will look after the braces come off. Oh, and you better keep posting because we need to know how the rest of the implant goes!

    ~ Tara

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Lark said…

    Congrats on getting a debracing date!! Like you, I was bummed when I found out I'd be wearing these things for 6 more weeks rather than the few weeks I originally thought. I'll be brace free one day prior..Nov 28th! Good Luck! You'll definitely have to post pics soon after!!

     
  • At 3:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Brandy, I visit your blog daily. I am 42 and have had braces for the last 5.5 years. Why so long, my ortho can not answer. I expected to have all this stuff done by my 40th birthday. I've had 3 implants placed last May. I just had jaw surgery 6 weeks ago. That has been painfree. My story has been nothing but problem after problem. I had braces put on so that I could put an implant at the same spot you have yours. I had that tooth pulled over 25 years ago. The tooth behind it collapsed and took up that space. The braces were to uplift the back tooth and then do an implant. After 3 years of braces, he decided that could not be done, so back to square 1. The story goes on, I don't want to bore you with the details. YOus site helped me along thru my recovery from jaw surgery. Thanks. Canada.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home