Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

5 Months Post op / Changes Come In Threes!

So today is the 5 month post op mark!

Things are going well, so well in fact that I guess I no longer have to see my oral surgeon anymore. My implant is doing well, and I actually think that the removal of the screws in my mouth, especially the one that was on the outer side has made a big difference in my healing. My chin is still pretty tingly, but way more so this past week. It is very uncomfortable to touch as it is just super sensitive. Feeling is really coming back in my lower teeth and they are hyper sensitive. I mean super duper sensitive! Just brushing is excruitiating lately. I'm hoping this will pass soon, but see it as a good sign as it means feeling is on its way back! My lower lip is getting much better too. Since the screws were removed the left side of my lip (the part that was really numb) has gotten a lot of feeling back in it. The tingling has toned down a bit, and things don't seem quite so swollen now in my left cheek area and in my lower lip. I can drink a cup of coffee and actually feel the cup on my lower lip now, instead of having to use my top lip to guide things into my mouth. I'm feeling pretty confident that full feeling will be returning in the very near future, so that is something to look forward to.

Cross your fingers that the orthodontist will take my braces of very soon! I'll know Thursday.

I thought I would show some pics of how my features have changed over the last year and half and through all the surgeries.



Before Surgery
















After SARPE (Surgically assisted rapid palate expansion surgery) You can see my little gap still trying to close up :)
Current pic (after Upper,Lower, and Genio surgeries) Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At 6:55 AM, Blogger Kristy Eng said…

    wow your smile is incredible...i can only hope that one day my smile will be as nice! Im almost 2 weeks post op and it feels like im never gona be able to smile, my face is so numb still:(

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Your blog is so helpful. The more I read these, the more freaked out I get. I think my surgery will be mid summer of next year. I'm having the roof expanded as well. Does that always cause a gap? I keep thinking this will be a quick fix, but I have a feeling it's going to be more then I thought. Thank you for all the helpful links!

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Anne said…

    Hi Brandy,
    I am one week out from having my MMA. I just wanted to thank you for your advice - most of which I have taken. I have been on a vitamin regimen for a month now and have done some exercising to increase my stamina.

    Your blog has been informative and a big help for me. I hope that you keep checking in with my blog because the postings will start to pick up now that surgery almost here. And what is a week before surgery without one more insuance problem! I posted about it - come on over and read all about it.

    Congrats on nearing the end of your treatment journey. I hopefully am just 8 months or so behind you.

    Peace,
    Anne

     

Post a Comment

<< Home