Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

5 1/2 Months Post Op

So I'm getting pretty near the 6 month mark, hard to believe....it has gone by pretty quickly.

I finally got ahold of my ENT on Friday and he called in a prescription for Biaxin. I have taken 3 doses and at the moment not much has changed. I'm kind of bummed as I really didn't want to take antibiotics again. I have been doing everything to try and stay off of them. So, I guess its back to square one after this to try and figure out something that will make my sinus infections quit reoccurring. Hopefully I will start to feel better in the next couple of days.

Because of the sinus infection it is kindof hard to report on progress this week as it seems that everything has been stunted or slowed due to all the other symptoms that have been taking place. My lower lip numbness has been exacerbated this week. It is very annoying and frustrating. Eating is still a pain in the rear. I'm starting to feel like it is never going to get back to normal. Maybe when I get full feeling back in my teeth, and the inside of my cheeks are no longer numb it will be better, but for now it is nothing short of exasperating.

Range of motion is still the same, it has not changed in probably 3 months. I can open it enough to get food into my mouth, but it would be nice to be able to get it back to where it was before surgery. Hopefully that will happen within the next 6 months.

I have only 1 month left til my braces come off! Woo hoo! Can you tell I'm counting! I do think this powerchain is messing things up a bit. My front left incisor seems to be protruding out farther then it was before. My two front teeth are not lined up next to each other. I would be totally livid if we had to postpone my debracing due to this change. I'm hoping it is something that can be fixed with my retainer, or that will improve once the powerchains are removed. Guess we shall see!
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

  • At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My lip/chin goes a bit numb whenever I get sick too, isn't it odd?

    I really hope something starts working regarding your sinuses. Does anything simple like standing in a hot shower help clear them a bit?

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Honestly the don't get really plugged up. I can breathe fine. They just get pressure in them, and are constantly draining, which causes me to end up with laryngitis aned bronchitis all the time. Plus I just feel run down and naseaous. I'm trying some new stuff that I read about. I'm determined to find a way to eliminate this problem, it really is aggravating though.

    BTW, love your new avatar! It's cool!

    Brandy

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brandy,

    I hope you're feeling better by now. I've heard that Biaxin works really well. Btw, I think your teeth look great! I have been following your blog the whole time and you've been an inspiration in my journey.

    Lo

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I was so hoping to hear you were as good as new again. How frustrating!
    I just can't wait to be as far along as you are!
    Keep your chin up:)

    Michelle

     

Post a Comment

<< Home