Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Killer Cold!

Ok, I think it was Beneath the Stars who said that my first post surgery cold would be a killer! Boy she wasn't kidding! I'm still not sure if it is just a cold or a sinus infection. I had been doing my little neti pot nasal irrigation every night before getting it, and then twice a day since it started, so I don't see how it could be a sinus infection. With that being said though, my sinuses are so different now, I have no idea what a sinus infection would even be like now. I used to have them a lot prior to surgery, so I knew my symptoms etc. Now, however, it has all changed and I'm just not sure.

I feel very tired! Everyone at my work has been sick with this crud and I've heard it likes to hang on. Yesterday I felt like things were getting better, like I was turning the corner. My nose wasn't stuffy at all, and aside from a little tickle in my throat my voice sounded fine. THEN last night it all got worse! I hardly slept at all. My nose is all stuffed up again today, I'm coughing, and have a bunch of crap in my chest. I have barely any voice, when I do talk I sound like a frog, and have three lessons to try and teach today! UGhhh! Forgotten how much it stinks to be sick!

I figure I will give it til next Monday and if its not better by then (12 days from onset) I'm going to call my allergist and get checked out. Hope I can stand it that long, as sleeping is really unpleasant. I've been loading myself up on vitamin C, and cold eze, plus tons of fluids but it just doesn't seem to matter. It has gone from a sore throat, to a sinus cold, to my chest, then back up to my sinuses! CRAZY huh?

Thanks Michelle for checking in on me! I'm hanging in there for sure, but feeling rather puny at the moment!

6 Comments:

  • At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Brandy,

    I'm DC, I spoke with you on the Orthoognathic Surgery Support Forum just recently and I just wanted to say thank you and feel better fast!!!

    I just got back from the surgeon and the orthodontist and the surgeon promised me that he did not sever a nerve so my drooping lip should all come back fine.

    Thanks again for talking to me and I'm sending you wishes to be well fast!!!

    DC

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Glad to hear it! That is good news. I pretty much figured that it was just the normal post op recovery stuff. I understand your concern though, if it had been me I would've been stressed too!

    Glad you have nothing to worry about though!

    Brandy

     
  • At 5:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What did you do to lower your cortizol (sp?) level?
    DC

     
  • At 5:59 AM, Blogger Mary said…

    Hey Brandie, sorry to hear about your cold. I've had that one already, it almost feels like a flue. By the way, I was wondering if you are still coffee-free?
    Today is my 1 year surgery anniversary and its been just a little over a year since I quit drinking coffee. So amazing how fast time flies! Mary

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Hey Mary,
    You are right about it feeling like the flu. It just doesn't want to go away. As for the coffee, Yes, I'm still coffee/caffeine free. I drink hot tang, decaffeinated green tea, and decaf chai tea (not all the time though), as well as lots of water and vitamin water.

    I just don't want to get hooked back on the stuff. If I'm really dying for a cup of coffee I will drink a cup of decaf, but honestly that is pretty rare now.

    annonymous, I was given a supplement to lower my coritsol. I do not share what it is because it is not safe to take supplements to address your cortisol levels unless you have been diagnosed with a problem. So.....If you think that is your problem then I would see you doctor and ask them if they can run some tests on you for that.

    Hope this helps!

    Brandy

     
  • At 4:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Brandy,

    Its me...DC.

    Thanks for the info about coritsol. I'll get it checked out.

    Have a speedy recovery!

    -DC

     

Post a Comment

<< Home