Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Fun Never Ending!

So yesterday was 4 weeks I have been battling this cold/sinus infection crap! My ENT called in some Biaxin 10 days ago. Things were starting to improve, but I could tell the infection was not yet gone when I took my last pill on Monday. Tuesday I saw my allergist. Of course he did not see any signs of infection because I had just finished the last antibiotic the day before. So he tells me that he thinks it is allergies and gives me some Singular, and Veramyst for my nose. Now mind you I hate taking meds of any kind and I knew before I saw him that I still had a sinus infection. I was hoping maybe I was wrong though. WELL...I WAS NOT! I have now used those stupid allergy meds for two day, and guess what? MY SINUS INFECTION IS BACK! I now have a headache to go with it, and my upper teeth on the right side hurt everytime I move my head, plus my nose is nice and stuffy again.
So I called the ENT who just happens to be on vacation this week and since he is such a busy guy cannot get me in to see him until November 27 (which is not going to work) So I then called my allergist again. Well he doesn't work on Friday's and is on vacation all of next week. So....it looks like I will be going to "First Care" one of the minor emergency centers tomorrow. Perhaps then I can get some new antibiotics that will hopefully work and I can get over this sinus infection and get on with my life.

I thought about calling my Oral Surgeon, but he is in Kenai on Fridays so that wouldn't work either. I do want to get it taken care of though. I'm worried that a bad sinus infection could cause problems with my jaw healing, or create issues that aren't there. So....I need to get rid of it!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger Kristy Eng said…

    oh man i totally feel for you Brandy. I cant believe you are still sick, i wish you would just wake up tomorrow and be 10000%. ITs weird it took so long for this to go away though, even though u were on antibiotics....Hope you get better soon!

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Unbelievable! I'm sorry to hear your still under the weather. I find that sinus infections are the WORST! Can you call your regular PCP and get a prescription? Why must they all give us the run around.
    Take care. I hope your weekend is better!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home