Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Couple Before and After pics

I found a couple of comparison pics that I think show the pre and post changes pretty well. You can really see how my nose has widen a bit, and the area below my nose has been expanded. You will you notice my face is not so round now. It is longer and you can really see the difference in the chin area. It was pretty trippy, looking at my smile lines. They are still identical!

It will be fun to see the comparison of these once the braces come off in the next couple of weeks.

As for my healing progress, I'm starting to get a lot more feeling back in my bottom lip these days. I can now find it with a cup rather then having to use my top lip for guidance. The most exciting news has been the return of feeling in my tongue now. It is only very slightly numb near the front tip. It is no longer burny or painful though, and the taste buds seem to be regenerating too. I can now manuever stuff around in my mouth much more effectively and actually feel what I'm doing instead of things being so akward and uncomfortable. I'm so happy about this as I was afraid it would never get better!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger Anne said…

    Brandy,

    I guess I missed that your tongue was numb. That would be tough. That is about the only thing in my mouth that isn't numb. How have you managed to keep up with anything in your mouth?

    I am 26 days post MMA now. Slow progress! You give me hope - you eleven days from slick teeth woman! Can't wait to see how you look in 1 1/2 weeks!

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Oh yea! Been numb for a long, long time now! That part has sucked! I'm sooooo happy that it is finally getting better. It is very hard to keep control of food, not to mention get it out of places when only half or your tongue is in working order. For about the first month and half, my tongue was super sore, and burny. It was the most aggravating thing I have had to deal with through this whole surgery.

    I can't tell you how happy I am that it is not sore anymore, that I can actually feel it again, and ahh..that I have tastebuds on that side again. I too am looking so forward to getting my braces off too. Truthfully the braces don't really bother me that much, however, the molar bands that I had on, have little protruding hooks that stick out of them on the inside of my mouth, right next to my tongue on both sides. They have been annoying the crap out of me since 2 months into my braces. They have put these little plastic filler things in them so they are not so sharp, but basically those things are worthless and they still scratch my tongue constantly. I can't wait to be able to eat without having to manuever around those things.

    Truly it is amazing what we can adapt too, but I'm looking forward to having just a normal unencumbered mouth again! I'm so ready!

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I love the pics you posted. That is so cool.
    Your blog is the first one I read when I was going through my SARPE. What an incredible inspiration you were/are to me. Keep on posting and keep on smiling BIG, I can't wait to have a million dollar smile like that!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home