Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Xmas Party's with Retainers

So I had two Xmas parties this weekend. One Friday and one Saturday. I have been wearing my retainers religiously so I decided to leave them out for the parties so I could eat freely and not have to worry about getting them in and out. Things went fine at both parties. My teeth did not move at all and the retainers snapped right back on easily when I got home. It was so nice to not have to worry about them, and to be able to eat without any hassles. Also to not have to worry that my teeth are going to shift if hte retainers are out for a few hours. I can say that I actually prefer to have my retainers in though, as my teeth just feel more secure. When they are out they just feel sortof unstable.

I have noticed an interesting turn of events lately also. Not sure if this is due to my sinus issues, or what, but I have been noticing that food just doesn't taste as good. Even things that are pretty spicy seem rather bland to me. Also, we have a fresh cut xmas tree this year and I cannot smell it. I know that smell is directly tied into taste so perhaps that is why but it is really weird. I wonder if antibiotics can mess up your sense of smell and taste?

Other then that......things are just plugging along closer to my upcoming sinus surgery. It's hard to get excited about Xmas when you have to go in for surgery the following morning! Not looking too forward to that.

I will post more Friday after I see the ENT for the pre-surgical visit.
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

  • At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brandy,
    I'll be interested to see the results of your surgery. Along with my MMA early next year I am having a septoplasty with turbinectomy because of sinus and breathing issues. I'm sorry you have to have another surgery....but from what I have heard and read, it is well worth it. I'll be thinking of you!

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger stephanie said…

    Unrelated to your post, I wanted to thank you for all of your in depth blogging - I'm just getting into all of this, and reading your blog has been so informative and helpful! Thank you!!!

     
  • At 6:25 AM, Blogger Katherine (Kate) said…

    You sure have accomplished an incredible amount and just keep going! You're amazing :)

    I'm not sure if the antibiotics are to blame for lack of smell/taste or not, but when I'm on them, everything tastes like tinfoil so it could be related. Hope you get to savour these senses again soon.mmmmmm turkey!

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    Hey Brandy, just wanted to wish you good luck for your surgery on Wednesday!! And Happy Holidays. Mary

     

Post a Comment

<< Home