Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Almost 9 Months Post op

Wow, I think this is the longest I have gone without an update! Mostly because I don't have much to report at this point. Things are still progressing daily, just slower at this point. Feeling is still coming back and I can feel my whole chin pretty much now. My lower lip still has some patchy numb areas but is coming back gradually each day. Chewing has improved and feeling is now starting to return in my upper teeth. I still can't really bite into anything with my front teeth though without it being uncomfortable
Posted by Picasa

Sinuses are doing well, no issues to speak of since the surgery. That means we are at 2 months post op with no sinus infections or anything else, so that is awesome! I missed my final follow up appointment though, but since everything seems to be doing well I see no reason to go in for it.

I won't be getting my implant placed until March sometime as my dentist has ordered the parts but has not called me yet to place them. I will be on vacation for a couple of weeks so its not going to happen until I get back. Same thing with the appointment with the cosmetic dentist to replace my front crown...when I get back in March.

Allergy shots are coming along great. I'm on once a week shots now...for 8 weeks, then I think I go to every 2 weeks, and eventually once a month.

Life is returning to normal and overall, health wise I'm feeling great! I'm wearing my retainer at night only now and my teeth appear to have settled into a more normal position. I'm careful not to miss putting my retainer on every night though as it is always tight when I put it on and I think if I missed a day it could get ugly! I have a retainer check on March 25th I think, so I will post then regarding what my ortho has to say.

Other then that....live goes on! I will post again in another couple weeks.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:23 AM, Blogger Tara said…

    Hey Brandy. Glad to hear that it's been 2 months and no sinus infection! That must feel good! I did the whole allergy shot thing too and they really helped me! I SO understand what you mean about missing a night with the retainers. I can't imagine how bad it would hurt to put them in the next day. I still try to wear mine a little after lunch and then at bed. I'm suppose to wear them at night only, for 12 hours. Who actually has the time to sleep for 12 hours??? Not me.

    How are your cheerleaders doing? I SOOOO miss both cheering and coaching! I wish I lived closer and could come and see your girls! Maybe in a few years I'll have to start coaching again. It is SO much fun!

    Keep us updated on your post. I may be getting mine in March, we'll have to see what the surgeon says today. It will be nice just to have everything done. It's been a LONG road for us all.

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Shontelly said…

    Geez almost a year already?! Man time flys. Well ya look great!

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Lynnette said…

    Hi Brandy!
    I am new to the blogging community, and have an upcoming LeFort and BSSO surgery on April 16. Check out my blog http://lynnettesnewsmile.blogspot.com. I was wondering where you got all your surgial info links, and the helpful items links....and if you needed permission to add them to your site...or did you just add them? I would like to do that with my site but needed some guidance first! Let me know what you think of mine so far, and if you have any suggestions!
    Thanks, and congratulations on your progress. I have read a lot of your posts....hoping my surgery goes as well. :)
    Hope to hear from you!
    Lynnette

     

Post a Comment

<< Home