Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

2.5 years post op (well almost)

Wow, I haven't posted in awhile. Amazing how time flies when your not obsessing over your blog! LOL.. So I thought I would give you an update on where were at in terms of healing. Believe it or not things are still getting better, its just a whole lost slower in terms of how fast it is coming along.

I still have a tiny area on my bottom lip that is very tingly and numb feeling but it has gotten much smaller and more localized, and continues to get better and better, smaller and smaller. Over the last couple months I started getting a lot of feeling back in my upper teeth. I suppose I had not noticed how numb they were, just got used to it I guess, but now they are tingly and I can really feel things when I bite into them with my front teeth. I know eventually I will have full feeling back it is just a slow journey. Over all life is great now though. I sleep like a baby and have no issues to really speak of. Surgery sucked! but the end result was worth all the pain for sure!

I will keep posted until I see no more results, or I stop making progress. Just to give a sortof time line for how long it's taken, and to show that healing really can continue for a very very long time!

Until next time! :)

10 Comments:

  • At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Brandy, so did you have the upper implant? Mary

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    No not yet...I just can't bring myself to have my gums cut on again. So I'm gonna wait until I have to do it, or I think I will probalby opt for a bridge later down the road.

    My insurance only covers 50% of an implant and the actual procedure would cost about another 5,000 of which only 2000 would be covered by my insurance. So I'm gonna wait.

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Mary Gerard said…

    Hi Brandy, well, based on my experience (5 implants in 2008 and 2 this year) I actually highly recommend it. I don't recommend a bridge because eventually you may end up losing both of the surrounding teeth. I had bridges on both sides where I got the two upper implants and I had to have a rootcanal on one tooth on one side and it looks like I will have to have one on the other. And sometimes the root canal doesn't work and then you lose that tooth as well. That also happened for me on the bottom where I had a partial before getting the implants on the bottom. It just puts too much stress on the tooth, the gums and the bone to have the supporting teeth absorb the bite for the missing tooth. I know what you mean by cost. I will be out of pocket $80 grand by the time I'm done. That's why I split it up over 4 years and also I'm putting $10 grand a year into my flex spending to mitigate some of the cost. Anyway, just thought I would offer my two cents. :-) You continue to look amazing. Mary

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is so reassuring. Thanks for your thorough blog. I have only begun the process, but I've found your blog to be so helpful and informative. That's awesome that you're sleeping well, breathing well, etc. And I suppose that not updating your blog so often anymore means that you have had the privelege of not thinking about your mouth all the time. Can't wait!

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger ~I said…

    Oop, I didn't mean to be anonymous. You can call me Jaw Ajar! haha jawajar.blogspot.com

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Anonymous braces said…

    Maybe in the first time that would be hard for you to talk or to smile. So brandy do you have a another update for your results?

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Anonymous オテモヤン said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Anonymous seatownfrown said…

    Hello,
    I've been a viewer of your blog for longer than I can remember now. I'm currently wearing an upper and lower expander....about 4 weeks post-op. I'm starting to see the light! I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate what you have done with this blog. I also wanted to spread the word about a forum I just started (I'm the only member so far! :)) called "The Official SARPE Forum". The url is www.rapidpalatalexpansion.com if you want to check it out and/or spread the word. Thanks so much and thank you for your wonderful blog that has helped so many people come to grips with the difficult decision to get jaw surgery.

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, I'm new to the blog and in March I'll be having double jaw surgery after Orthodontic treatment for about 13 months.

    I'm starting today getting prepared mentally and physically for the trip, and wanted to thank you beforehand.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home