Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

3 years, 5 months, and 25 days since Surgery

Haven't posted in awhile as progress is slow at this point. Don't get me wrong, it is still getting better but it just takes a lot longer to improve. I have a small area in my lower lip that is still tingly but has gotten much better since my last post. Things are almost back to normal with full feeling everywhere, and feeling has come back a lot in my upper and lower teeth as well. Hard to believe I'm still making progress at almost 3.5 years post op, but its true! I'm sure at some point in the very near future I will have full feeling totally back. Maybe by my 4 year mark I will be completely healed! Woo hoo!

I was thinking today though how great it is to sleep now. I'm grateful everyday that I sleep so soundly and deeply, and dream so vividly. That is a blessing! Until next time. Sweet Dreams to you all!

7 Comments:

  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger Joel said…

    I'm glad to hear about your progress. You should always continue to look on the future if you feel some discomforts with your surgery. I have been to a cosmetic dentist (Chicago-based) and he manages to brief me about my surgery. He sees it best for me to understand the stages.

    I have known a lot who had been through cosmetic dentistry (Chicago-based), and most of them have positive results. So far, I see being so positive as the key! Goodluck to you Brandy.

     
  • At 1:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi !

    How are you today ?
    I'm Régis. I'm french man. I'm not fluent in english but I try to understand your blog...
    Congretulations !!!
    Your blog is clear !
    I imagine you're very brave because orthodontic's treatment is painful !
    Now, your teeth are perfect !
    Your smile looks like a Hollywood's smile of star.
    So white ! So beautiful !

    I would like to ask you some questions about your teeth and about Alaska...
    I dream to travel in Alaska. I enjoy trekking. So, I think that Alaska is a lovely destination.

    Régis

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger The SkinnyFat Girl said…

    Thanks- I have read ur blog on and off for 4 months now and I am scheduled to do my SARPE surgery at the turn of the new year!!! YEAH!

    Cant wait- i have learnt alot from you and will keep reading so I stay one step ahead in this long process- wish me luck!!

    Kudos, Kisha
    camkish@yahoo.com

     
  • At 6:31 AM, Blogger Dani said…

    Brandy, Thank you for continuing to post. Your blog has been so helpful for those of us who are just coming up to surgery. Your progress has been incredible!

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger Vineeth Vijay said…

    Hi Brandy,

    How are you doing? I'm glad to hear that you are doing well after your surgery. My name is Vineeth and I'm a surgical technology student. I'm doing an assignment where I have to basically conduct an online interview with you about your surgical endeavor. I do not need any personal information from you but only some basic information about your surgery. So if you would like to take part in this interview process, please email me back at vineeth@att.net as soon as possible.

    Thank you
    Vineeth Vijay
    Surgical technology student

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for your comments, I am 3 years post op, and have no feeling in my lower jaw and teeth, and lower lip, this gives hope....I am very exited for you .
    Dave

     
  • At 5:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Visit my blog at Taylor's SARPE Experience!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home