Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Day 72/ 8 More Days, 8 More Days, 8 MORE DAYS!!!!!

Can you tell I'm counting! LOl... I swear that time is passing so slow now that we are getting near my RPE removal date!

Feeling is gradually coming back in my teeth. I notice a tiny bit more everyday now. It actually seems like the nerves are regenerating pretty quickly at this point, faster than they have been. I can feel more sensation in the gums and teeth, and throughout the day I can feel the areas sorta pulsing or throbbing. I guess that is a good sign as the bone comes first, then the blood supply, then the nerve regeneration. So that means things are reaching completion or full healing in those areas.

It has taken roughly about 2 months to get to this point. It has had its moments for sure, but not too bad. I wonder what it will be like when I have my actual jaw surgery. Will the numbness last for months on end? Will I be feeling mostly back to normal within a couple weeks? So many things to think about, although I'm sure by the time surgery time comes around next year all of this SARPE stuff (other than the appliance torture) will all be a distant memory. Yeah, right! Keep telling yourself that Brandy...maybe you will start to believe it! :)

I realized this evening that I have not reported on my sleeping issues for quite awhile now. I have been sleeping better than I was. I'm not using the rubberbands the doctor gave me, and just sleeping on my own. I know that I'm still snoring but it is no where near what it used to be, and I awake feeling rested for the most part. So, it would appear that the expansion and increased space in my mouth and through my sinuses has helped to relieve my apnea a bit. At least enough that I should be able to make it until my surgery next year without any special devices or splints to help me sleep. This is a good thing as I really hated the rubberbands! I returned the C-Flex machine I got, as I just could not adjust to it and gave up trying. It is too noisy and quite frankly I just can't get used to sleeping with air blowing down my nose at night. I would rather be tired and deal with the rubberbands if that is the case. Anyway...that is where I"m at on the sleep issues.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Mandy that is too funny. Actually I was warned against spinach myself and decided I had to try it also. Needless to say it was not pretty! I should probably mention that cabbage especially if its shredded like in an eggroll is killer too!

    I hope these next 3 months fly by also! Although I mean how bad can it be? Certainly can't be any worse than what it has been with this RPE right???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home