Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Day 73/ Teeth Are Moving

I don't really have a lot to report on my teeth today other than the fact that feeling is continuing to come back. I can feel more on my upper teeth as compared to yesterday today. I took some pics to try and figure out why my right side seems to be so sore the last couple of days, but I can't really see a lot of changes. My right side is really uncomfortable again though with the appliance prong all out of whack again. and my first molar (the one the band is attached to) is really sore. My archwire on the right side is also poking through and out the back of my buccol tube (the tubey thing on the outside of my band) I can feel the sharpness from it, which means my teeth are moving again! Not sure if that is good or bad....probably bad though since my teeth are sore. At least I don't have too much longer to suffer with it though! Thank goodness!

I will be very curious to see what my ortho says on Monday. I have so many questions to ask him. Like how long I have to wear the TPA? Will we be able to start increasing the tension on my upper archwires and move my uppers some now? What is the plan for my lowers? I mean can you take out this rectangular stabilizing wire and close these horrible gaps that you made with the springs? Since I'm not using the rubberbands to sleep with can you take these wire ties off of my canines? And last but not least would it be possible to have me ready for surgery by December?
I'm not sure if I would want to actually have my surgery then, but I would like to be ready then, just in case I decide to go that route. Hopefully he will not be swamped with patients so I can actually have time to ask all of this. Sometimes he is more free to talk with me than others. Just depends on his case load that day.

I'm just going to focus on getting through this week. As excited as I am about getting this RPE off, I'm also sortof nervous. I mean I'm not exactly sure how they go about getting it out and I'm really not much into the pain thing if you know what I mean. Will it be cut off? pryed off? Will I get new molar bands for the TPA? The whole process is a bit unnerving to me.

Anyway I'm going to bed, don't want to think too much about it all!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Thanks Amy, That makes me feel a lot better.
    I was wondering about molds/impressions. I just emailed my Ortho to ask if I need to come in early to have this done. I wouldn't be sad if he decided to take it out Friday and I was free for the Weekend! That would totally rock! LOL...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home