Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

One Week Post Op

Today is offically one week post op for me. I feel so excited, and happy that I have made it through the first week doing pretty well. It has actually gone by much faster then I thought it would!
 
Swelling continues to come down, on the outside of my face as well as the inside. My bottom lip is not feeling quite so thick, and my tongue is becoming less numb and tingly. I'm getting about 4-5 hours of good sleep at night now, and think that once the achiness dies down I will be doing much better. I woke up twice last night to take advil, and reheat my rice bags, as the site of my bone graft (where it was taken), where it was implanted, and my chin, where a bit achey. Nothing horrible, but definitely enough to prevent good solid sleep.

Eating is getting a bit more challening just cause I'm bored with milkshakes etc. I'm going to head to the grocery store and see what I can round up in terms of smoothie variety, or easy to eat meals. I have much more energy today and don't feel so run down. Almost feel like my normal self! Woo HOOo!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    So are you getting tired of words like "wow" and "amazing." You do look amazing. I love how this surgery which is so subtle actually makes a huge difference in looks. You look really beautiful. I hope you keep posting updated pics for a while, even though it may not seem like much is happening, it really is. Mary

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Graham said…

    A week already, wow, where did a week go! I'm just so amazed at how much you've healed already. And I completely agree with everyone else, you look very pretty! Just that small change has had a big impact. I think it's going to be you that needs a stick! ;) Can't wait to see you at 15 and 30 days.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home