Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Day 5 Post Op

 
Swelling continues to come down, and aside from the lovely alien green bruising on my lower jaw and chest I think I look almost half human (to those that don't really know me that is)

Last night was rough, lots of muscle pain in my jaw joints, and again not much sleep. Things are fine if I don't talk at all, so I think today is going to be a silent day for me. I need to allow my jaws to rest a bit. With the decrease in swelling things are getting more achey.

Ok, I'm sick of liquid diet now, and although I haven't actually weighed myself, I'm sure I'm down about 8-10 lbs now. Even eating every 2 hours, you just can't get enough in with a liquid diet. Not that I couldn't afford to lose a few pound but I think it is a little extreme if your really looking for a diet. I will post more later. I'm very tired and need to take a nap.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger Graham said…

    Wow, your swelling really seems to be disappearing fast! Sounds like you're doing all the right things though, so keep at it. Sorry about the green but I guess you can't win 'em all; and it is a sign of healing so at least you know you're on your way. I'm really impressed with your fork smash diet, I'm sure it will really speed things along. I can only hope I am able to get off the liquid diet that soon. After SARPE I stayed on it for far too long.

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Brandy, Your doing great. It looks like you have hardly any swelling - how terrific. When you get more sleep you tend to do better, so nap when you can it does help. Terrific progress, glad your doing so good.
    Amy

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger samantha said…

    Hey Brandy,

    You're looking great! I'm glad to hear that the surgery went well for you! Love, Sam Xx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home