Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Out and About Post Surgery Day 3

Ok, the sitting at home waiting to improve is just not doing it for me. I feel so much better when I'm moving about so I decided to venture out back into the real world today. Well sortof....I'm going for a ride in the car and may go into Walmart. My son says I look better today and that if you didn't know me you wouldn't know I was numb. He thinks that most people would not even notice I looked different, short of the tape on my face that is.

My morning was a bit rough with achy pain that I couldn't get rid off. I have come to the conclusion that eating and keeping hydrated is key. I mean I will be honest that I was hoping to drop a few pounds, but I also know how important to healing food is, so I have not been watching what I eat at all. My only focus has been getting protein, and calories into myself. It seems to be working as my swelling appears to be gradually subsiding, and while I'm feeling sorta puny, I'm not feeling really weak. I actually have a good amount of energy, and while I'm going to be careful not to overdo it today I think its all the food I have been taking in that is really helping me heal. Oh...and I have lost about 5 lbs anyway without even trying in the last 4 days.

I've been using baby tylenol for pain, my husband found a Safeway brand that is cherry flavor but doesn't taste too bad at all. I alternate it with Advil as that just seems to work better for me. My sinuses seem to be leveling out now. I can breathe through both sides and they are not plugged up very much anymore. I've been using Ocean spray to keep them moist though.

I have no idea if my occulusion is correct, I honestly can't really see my teeth, without holding my lips up when I brush, however, if I try to smile then I can feel the tightness of my stiches under my front lip. Given everything that has been done, the pain has not been much worse then my SARPE which has been a plus. I even have the same nagging headache that I did when I was expanding.

Ok...I'm getting tired now. I will gab more later. OH....if you don't have a Magic Bullet blender, I highly recommend it! that has been a life saver for me.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Tara said…

    Brandy,
    WOW, you look amazing. And you seem to be doing GREAT too! Going out and about on day 4? What a trooper you are. I really hope that I am as strong as you! I'm sure my husband hopes so too! And you didn't pull the disappearing act that it seems that everyone pulls on day 4, so that's a good sign. It's also great to hear that you aren't snoring! That must be a nice change! Keep taking care of yourself, and we all can't wait to see the final results!

    ~ Tara

     

Post a Comment

<< Home