Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Real Food....so Underated!

Ok, I had the best meal of my life today! After 4 days of liquid I decided to try out the offical, Dr. approved, fork smash diet. I had been holding off as I was not able to feel my tongue well enough to smash anything against my palate with it, but I'm adjusting now and decided I needed a break from liquids. I have been taking in a lot, but you can only drink so much nutrition. Tonight my mom made homemade organic mashed potatoes and gravy, organic carrots, and organic pot roast. I smashed the carrots to death, and blended the pot roast up in the "Magic Bullet" with a little gravy. I grabbed my baby spoon, and it was on! Now eating in and of itself is pretty funny, really like feeding a baby. You put the spoon in the mouth, then use the spoon to wipe off your lips. This would be fine is you could really feel your lip, but since you can't it is quite hilarious to watch. My family was just cracking up, which was making me laugh (not good as it yanks on the stitches) I ate as much as I could before the jaw joints started to rebel at the additional work, and things started to become swollen again! OMG it was so worth it though!
 
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

  • At 4:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brandy,

    You're looking great and the swelling isn't bad at all. I'd love to get your vitamin routine leading up to the surgery. It looks like it played a major role in your recovery. Yum...pot roast and mashed potatoes...my favorites!

     
  • At 6:01 AM, Blogger Bill said…

    Good for you Brandy! You're much more adventurous food-wise than I was at this stage in your recovery. Of course, I was tightly banded the first week so that put the kibash on anything non-liquid.

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Team Wolder said…

    I am totally amazed by how you are handling your first week post op! You are doing fantastic. And from the photos, it looks like your facial swelling is already on it's way down.

     
  • At 11:04 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    Welcome to the "other side"! You do look amazing, and in great spirits. Congratulations!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home