Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Day 12 - Things starting to improve

Things seem like they are getting a bit better now. I'm hoping that things are starting to all go down hill from here. Feeling is gradually coming back in my lower lip. I actually burned the numb part on a hot spoon yesterday and could feel the burn, so that tells me that the nerves are working there and that feeling is coming back. My lip is feeling less puffy and thick with each passing day. My new chin and the area surrounding it are getting more and more feeling back. Right now they are super sensitive, and any little thing touching it is just irritating. Lower teeth are achey with feeling coming back, as is my upper and palate area. Other then that, I'm doing marvelous!

Here is a different view of my new face. I still have some moderate swelling through like my cheekbone area, and jaw joints. It's slowly but surely starting to come down though.
 


Last night I went for another walk, and for over 2 hours I was pain free. Seems like the endorphins are definitely the way to being pain free for me. The more I'm moving around the better I seem to feel. Last night after being exhausted all day yesterday I decided to take a Vicoden. That was the best decision I have made all week. I slept for 6 straight, glorious painfree hours, woke up and took 3 advil, then fell back to sleep for 6 more. I'm still a bit run down but compared to yesterday I feel phenomenal. Sleep is so important, and I know from my past experience with SARPE, that suffering through the pain can actually be counterproductive to healing. So...I gave in, and it was definitely worth it. Listening to your body through this whole ordeal is very important. You will get into trouble if you don't listen well and stay on top of the nutrition and pain.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger LupiLass said…

    You're looking great! Glad to here you are finally getting past the pain and enjoying a good nights sleep. Things will only get better!

    I find it weird reading you blog now as before I was exactly a week in front of you and now after my re-chop I'm a week behind LOL!!
    Keep up the good work, you're doing great! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home