Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Day 17 - Still Starving!

 Thanks to everyone who posted your food ideas. Many I had not thought of to try and plan to make them in the next few days. The trouble I'm having is that my mouth gets so tired. If I eat too much, which seriously is more then about 1/4 of a cup of anything. My tongue gets really tired from manuevering stuff around and becomes more numb as does my lower lip. I'm really struggling with getting food into myself as it is just sooo much work! Today I had a bowl of rice krispies for breakfast. About 1/4 cup of salmon quesidilla filling (which was salmon, onions, and a bit of cheese)and for dinner I had about 7 big grilled scallops which I cut into small pieces and pretty much swallowed whole, and 2 bites of steamed zucchini before I was done. I had a 1/2 of cup of tapioca pudding with whipped cream too. Oh, and I drank chocolate soy protein drink from Odwalla too. That was it. Maybe 800 calories if that. I'm really trying but between having to drink everything at room temp, and the exhaustion in my mouth it is really hard. Here is my best fresh from the shower "starving face" LOL I mean, seriously, one has to just laugh about all this.
 
I'm not telling anyone this, to scare them, I mean I am getting food into myself, it just continues at this point to be difficult. My doctor did tell me that if you are 16-25 years old that within about 2 weeks you are feeling pretty good. For us old people it takes about a full month so I'm hoping soon that all of this starts to improve soon. At almost three weeks post op, I can say that I'm starting to miss real food at this point.
 
Here is a more current profile shot taken today, you can see my chin a lot better in this one I think, and the swelling in my cheeks appears to have come down some.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 4:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brandy,
    I have read you blog for several months and am thankful for having you as a reference. I had BSSO and genioplasty surgery on Tuesday, June 5th. I am a 39 year old mother of twin girls and a nine year old boy. I just wanted to let you know how valuable your information has been and thank you for providing the information. Sincerely,
    Holly Elliott

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Mary said…

    Hey Brandy, I lost a total of 15 pounds after the surgery (and 5 right before the surgery) and I can tell you I felt the same way as you. Especially the first few weeks. At one point even McRibs looked good to me. I think there will come a point when you begin to feel more comfortable and satietated with the diet. I ate mostly soups, mashed potatos, and the Odwalla soy drinks. I also ate cheese ravioli which went a long way towards making me feel normal. It took many many months before I felt like I could manuever food in my mouth and even now, 8 months later, I still get tired chewing. I think you look fabulous--your outcome is really great. And your blog is really great! Mary

     

Post a Comment

<< Home