Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Day 20 - Wow! Rubberbands definitely do their job!

So here is my post surgery face at day 20. For the last couple of days things have not been very good. My face has felt really puffy and swollen and really uncomfortable. I realized that I stopped taking my Bromelain then, so I went to the
"Natural Pantry" and bought another bottle. Took two as directed and things are starting to feel much better. I swear that stuff really makes a huge difference in my swelling and puffiness. 
I slept last night with the rubberbands pretty comfortably. No more aching like before, and while it is a bit odd to wake up and not be able to open my mouth, it was not painful and I think I'm getting used to it now. Since surgery I have been sleeping a lot! About 10-11 hours a night. I figure 11 hours of wearing my rubberbands should be plenty, seeing that I have 4 weeks to work on it. Pretty much just the same old stuff going on in my mouth now. No major changes to speak of yet.

Here is my new profile without so much swelling. It seems so weird to see myself with a real chin. I like it, but its just looks strange to me still. 


















Look at how much my bite has changed in just two nights with those blasted rubberbands!  
This is pre - rubberbands.







 
This one is today. Crazy huh?







This is a view from the side. 

Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    Oh Brandy, you look GREAT!! Your profile is picture-perfect! Could you post some before and after photos so we can fully appreciate the difference?

    You must be thrilled with the results!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home