Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Monday, March 13, 2006

10 Days Post SARPE/ Expansion 1/2 Finished

Today is day ten after my SARPE. I'm doing fine for the most part. Still have a mild headache during the day, and a slight ache in between my front teeth that doesn't really seem to go away but other than that things are going well. Today is officially half way for my expansion. We have keyed the appliance 16 times now. My gap is growing larger each day, and was officially measured tonight at 2mm wide. With each turn being equal to 1/4 of a mm we have gained 4mm in space thus far, with approximately 4 more to go.

Here is my growing gap and current pics of my expansion progress. Please disregard my cavities etc. :(


Day 1 No Gap
Day 8 Gap







Notice how much bigger and more open my smile looks compared to the first pic?? My teeth don't look so crowded up top either.

Day 1 Expansion
Day 8 Expansion










My arch is really starting to change, instead of looking like an oval it is now becoming nice and round.

these are the Same pics only bigger:

Expansion Day 1


















Expansion Day 8






I can really see a difference, and of course feel it too! We will have double this much space by next Monday! Eating is still a challenge and I find myself just not eating much more than is necessary to quell the hunger. It is too much work and I don't have the patience for it. Hopefully this will get better as time goes on. My speech seems to be improving but is also more of a challenge with this new gap that is forming. I'm hoping that it isn't around for too long once expansion is complete.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger Graham said…

    Wow, I can definitely see the difference Brandy. Looking good! I'm also glad to hear that you are progressing as expected in terms of how it feels. Sounds much like we read on Archwired, so you're right on track. :) ...Maybe the wax trick will work better when expansion is done? In any case, don't lose sight of the payoff that is coming your way in a few more weeks. I'm excited for you already!

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Yeah Graham, its pretty exciting. Although I'm not thrilled with the gap, I can live with it. It won't last for long and I'm just thrilled that we are making progress! Although the gap itself will probably be about 5.5mm wide by next Tuesday! YIKES! that seems big!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home