Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Day 11 Post SARPE/ Expansion Continues

Went to the Orthodontist today so he could check my expansion before he leaves on vacation tomorrow. Said everything is going well, but wants me to turn the appliance 33 turns instead of just 30 as he had originally instructed. So 8 1/4 mm total expansion. I will be seeing him 5 days later after I stop (March 27th.) He says that things do not heal up super fast, so if we need more space we will still be able to turn it a few more times in order to get it. That sorta freaks me out, so I'm hoping that we will have all the space we need and don't have to do that.

I asked when we were going to begin working on my bottom teeth and he said that we already were. He said the archwire I have right now is to loosen everything up, when I come in next time (since I have crowding) they will use some springs on my teeth to start pulling the teeth apart and make some space for the ones in back to come forward. Other than that he said things are going well and to keep up the good work.

Expansion today went fine, and the pressure seems to disappear a bit quicker now. Probably lasts about 2 minutes then it passes. I do still feel it in between my front teeth though, sortof off and on throughout the day. It is just a waiting game now, with expansions continuing daily.

Not sure how I'm feeling about the gap, I mean I'm happy that I'm getting it because that means things are progressing as they should be. It is, however, getting much more noticible and hard to disguise. I tried the wax thing but it just doesn't work very well for me. The wax gets soft and just sort squishes through the hole and doesn't stay where I put it. Plus right now with my teeth being so sensitive, it is actually a bit aggravating, as even the wax puts a slight bit of pressure on those two front teeth causing them to ache. Not sure what I'm going to do but I'm going to keep thinking on it and see if I can come up with something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home