Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Day 13/ Five More Days of Expansion

Today was pretty much the same as yesterday expansion wise. I did, however, wake up with a headache again this morning and my sinuses were a bit puffy also. Something interesting is starting to happen though. Today I went to drink a smoothie and noticed that on the right side of my gap I'm starting to get some sensation back. I had cold sensitivity that I haven't had since my surgery, and I can actually feel my teeth on that side when I tap them gently on the bottom. It feels a bit strange to only have sensitivity on one side right now, but at the same time I'm thrilled to be getting some feeling back, especially so early. I had been told that feeling would probably start coming back roughly around 2 weeks after completion of my expansion. I'm still expanding so that is very cool!

Not much else to report today....pretty much the same old same old. Turn the key, appliance applies pressure and moves a bit, prongs on appliance move into akward position making it impossible to bite down, or eat. That is my life pretty much everyday right now. If anything changes I will keep you all posted!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Anthea here from Australia, well done on comitting to do this blog, I check how you are doing everyday and if end up having SARPE it will be a great resource.
    well done
    Anthea
    Melbourne

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Hi Anthea,
    Glad your are getting something out of this! I had a hard time finding actual day to day info on this procedure so that is why I decided to do a blog on it. Things are going well, and really it has not been bad at all! Good luck with your oral journey!

    Brandy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home