Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Day 14/ All Is Well in Expansion Land (SORT OF)

Today went well, I had to expand myself this morning as my dh had to go to work early. Suffice it to say it was a little challenging. It is hard to see where the key goes into the RPE, and for some reason every time I expand myself I never get it turned enough so that I can insert the key in the hole for the next turn. I had to go in from the back and turn it a bit more to line up the key slot properly.

My teeth on the left side were really sore today. The appliance was really pushing up against the sides of those teeth and forcing them to move a bit. They were not liking it and suffice it to say it was very tender to even touch my teeth there today. After this evenings expansion things are much better, so that is a big plus. I only have 4 more days to go til I'm finished expanding! So far I have been pretty lucky, my teeth don't seem to want to come apart in front and my diastema has been holding at about 3mm. It has not gotten bigger in 4 days now. I suppose it could happen in the next couple of days as I still have 2 1/4mm of expansion to attain, but I'm hoping they stay where they are and move back together quickly.

I will post another pic on Sunday of the expansion process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home