Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Day 54/ Are We There Yet?

Nothing to really report today, other than the normal RPE aggravation. I went to a conference today and thankfully they had a burrito/taco bar for lunch with ground beef so I was able to eat a bit. I tried to eat a cookie afterwards and managed to get a piece of macadamia nut jammed up under my appliance. That sucked, and was hard to get out, but other than that the day was pretty uneventful.

Tomorrow is 5 weeks since expansion stopped and my gap is still not totally closed. :( Hopefully it will hurry it up a bit!

Long day today, way to much painting in my life lately! So...I'm going to BED! night!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brandy,
    Your posts have been so helpful to me in understanding exactly how the RPE device works. My 15 year old daughter had a RPE placed yesterday, hopefully it will work if not then we will be having the SARPE done. Her RPE was encased in some sort of rubber so no metal is exposed, I guess that will help with irritation. I will have her read your blog this evening and look at your pics so she can understand exactly how it all will work. Looks like you are getting some great results. Thanks again for your great descriptions and pics!!

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    So glad it has been helpful. Man an RPE encased in rubber....that sounds wonderful! Kids seem to adapt so much better though. I work in a school and tons of our kids have had this appliance. They hardly notice it after a couple weeks. She is still pretty young so I would think that it would work without SARPE. Glad the pics are helpful..I had a hard time finding them when I was looking for info so that is why I post so many. I always think it must be annoying to others, but it is cool for me to see my progress on a regular basis, and hopefully it will be helpful to others like you.

    Brandy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home