Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Day 46/Update on Powerchain Efforts

Ok..I mentioned yesterday that I tried the powerchain for a little while to try and close my gap. It was not pleasant, in fact it was down right painful. I put it on my teeth while I slept last night, and removed it this morning because my teeth were screaming out to "take it off" So....here are the results. The powerchain did make my gap smaller, however after a few hours of leaving it off my teeth (sore and aching still) they basically returned to there pre powerchain location. Also, what I found when the chain brought them together was that it pulled the lower ends in, but the upper part (by my gums) did not budge, so even though they were together they looked messed up. Not completely vertical.

I firmly believe that the powerchain does nothing but hold the teeth together until the bone heals and the area begins to fill in and move on their own. I'm convinced that my gap will only close when it is good and ready, and quite frankly subjecting myself to more pain to close the gap is just not worth it to me at this point. My teeth are still aching as we speak from it and it has been off now for over 12 hours. My gap is small so its not that big of a deal at this point, and I certainly understand the urgency to close it when it is quite large, but I really don't think it is a good idea, or that it really works. Perhaps I'm not the norm, but as I mentioned yesterday my front teeth are very sensitive and have been for awhile. When I lay down to sleep at night the gums between and behind my two front teeth are just throbbing! So clearly my body is working at healing and the blood supply is working overtime in that area.

So...with that being said, I will continue to love my gap/hate my gap and try and be patient while it heals itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home