Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Day 36/ My Poor Tongue! The Proof is in the Pics!

Today went pretty well. I'm very tired as I only got 6 hours of sleep last night due to my sons school activity night, but the rest of the day went pretty well.
Steph posted a message for me to "take a pic of my tongue" So...even though I thought it was sorta gross, I took a couple pics of my sore dying tongue just for her and so you all won't think I'm making all this irritation and tongue pain stuff up! LOL... WARNING...GIANT TONGUE PICTURES BELOW :)

This picture is my tongue when it is still moist. As you can see the area in the back is smooth with very few striations (like my whole tongue normally is when its not being assaulted on a daily basis.)
Pic number 2 is my tongue dried off so that you can see the major lines and overall tongue tenderness...and yes, that little red spot is BLOOD!

Either way you can see from both pictures that my tongue is significantly raw and
beat up. Today is actually a fairly good day too, it is not nearly as sore as it was yesterday, and the swelling has come done a bit. Yesterday it actually had visible red track marks running up and down on it. Anyway....HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU STEPH! ;)

Tonight I'm going to try the C-flex machine again, I'm pretty tired so I figure that even if I get 3 or 4 hours of good sleep with the machine before I rip it off that that will probably be better than what I have been getting....which is pretty much nothing! :)

Ok....I must go start my nightly flossing, waterpiking, and brushing ritual. It takes awhile to get all this oral cleansing completed and its getting late, so I need to get with the program!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said…

    Pobrecita!
    Your tongue looks so sad....

    Did you see Kung Pow, the very stupid movie? If you had The Chosen One's tongue, it'd be crying right now.

    I feel for you. I hate having a sore tongue. No, really!

    But that apnea thing, if you can take care of that on a permanent basis, without a contraption you have to sleep with at all times, this is so going to be worth it!

    If you don't know about the talking tongue, check this website, especially the last picture on the page:
    http://users3.ev1.net/~nate555/skippingfrog/kungpow.htm

    And, yes, you can blame me for the pic of YOUR tongue. I DID ask for it. Makes me feel better about my crunched lower lip though. DANG these braces!!

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Yeah it will all be worth it in the end, especially to get rid of this Apnea! That is the reason I'm doing all this...certainly not for aesthetics!

    Yes...my tongue is a hurtin unit! That talking tongue thing is a little freaky, but you are right....it would be sobbing for sure! LOL...

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    have you done candida test? white tongue might be a sign of yeast overgrow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home