Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Day 30/ Almost 100%.......Kind Of.

Today was good, I took my vitamins and extra stuff yesterday and felt pretty good when I woke up this morning. I took them again throughout the day today and have to say that I"m starting to finally feel like myself. No more stuffy nose, no more pressure, no more headache. Oh and did I mention that I actually have some of my old energy back and my appetite? Suffice it to say that I'm feeling almost 100% again (jumping up and down cheering!)

I'm still having a bit of difficulty adjusting to the wire in the appliance, and my tongue is constantly sore. The thing about the RPE that I really dislike, is that unlike the braces, you can never forget that you have it. I was chatting with Amy today and she was saying that it like makes your mouth feel claustrophobic. That is so true..at least for me anyway. That is exactly how I feel, and I'm so tired of being poked daily by the prongs on this thing. I wish I could just cut them off and give my tongue a break. Ahhh that would be heaven.....but alas I'm stuck with this hunk of junk in my mouth for about 7 more weeks. All I can say is thank goodness they cement these suckers in, as I would've definitely pulled it out already if I could've done it painlessly. :)

Well not much else to report today, other than I have noticed that my gap is closing but that my incisors are now becoming a bit weird. Instead of lining up evenly next to each other one is now jutting forward more than the other. I suppose that would be just entirely too much to ask eh? I mean I hardly get a gap, and then when it closes to have it line up perfectly would just not be right. RIGHT??? I will keep you posted on that new drama as it continues to unravel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home