Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Day 22/ Healing Continues

Today I woke up really stuffy and puffy through my sinuses. Not sure what was going on. Last night at the party I found out that the lady has a couple cats. Since I'm pretty allergic to them that is not a good thing! I started getting stuffed up, and having allergy symptoms right about the time we left. I thought perhaps today was carry over from last night or something. I ended up having to take my antibiotics for the sinus infection I'm still getting over, a decongestant to clear my sinuses, and a couple of advil for my headache. I took a long hot shower to help with the pressure in my face )that always seems to make me feel better.) Anyway, I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better day. My diastema appears to be the same today. No noticeable change that I can see anyway. Maybe it will close some more tomorrow :)

I did manage to get some sleep last night. I put the rubberbands on and slept most of the night before I had to pull one off because my teeth were aching. I didn't feel so dead when I woke up today, and actually remember dreaming last night so that was really nice for a change. I'm still very tired, and run down from this sinus infection and of course just from healing I suppose, OH and the fact that I eat like a bird now probably doesn't help matters! LOL.... I go back to work on Monday. I'm looking forward to it sort of as it gets so boring being home all the time and I miss seeing all the kids at school. At the same time I'm not thrilled about going back as it is so hard to talk a lot with this RPE in my mouth (which is pretty much what I have to do all day long.) Eating is still quite the little challenge also, and I'm supposed to be doing lunch groups (3 a day for the next few weeks.) Normally I love having lunch with the kids but since everything is so much more difficult now I'm just not really looking forward to it.

I put the C-Flex machine away for now. I will try it again next weekend. I can't use it during the week, as I can't afford to be dead while I try and adjust. I only get about 7 hours of sleep as it is and I don't want to be waking every hour the night before I start back to work.


  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    Hi Brandy,

    Those machines do look uncomfortable. Its hard to recover from surgery, plus have a sinus infection, and not sleep - not fun. I know your joy of allergies and sinus infections - have them, get them too.

    I found if I got more protein in my diet I did better through the day. I ate a lot of chicken soup and put peanut butter in shakes. (I'm allergic to eggs otherwise that would've been a good chose with the expander).

    Has the OD given you a time when the expander can come out? Just a suggestion - 3 months from my surgery date mine was able to come out and in place I got a TPA. It is so much easier to eat, talk and swallow with the TPA. It might be a good thing to ask about next visit.

    Hang in there! You've come so far!

  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Thanks Amy,
    Yeah, I'm going to ask him about a TPA tomorrow when I go in for my appt. That would be awesome if I could get this thing out a bit sooner!

    I have been eating more peanut butter, and lots of protein. I don't feel too weak just not 100% yet! Know what I mean?
    I feel better today though, think my sinus stuff may have been allergies....only time will tell I suppose. Thanks for checking in with me though!



Post a Comment

<< Home