Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Day 18/ Yeah! I Can See My Cheek Bones Again!

Well my swelling is officially gone now I think. Since beginning antibiotics last night, I awoke this morning to the old face I used to know. Until I smile that is! LOL.. Expansion is almost finished. One turn left tomorrow morning and I will be officially done! Wooo Hooo! OMG my mouth feels huge! I can't get over how much space there is now, its crazy! My smile looks gigantic! Definitely not the smile I recognize or that I'm used to seeing. My son says it doesn't look that big, but when I compare it to my other pre expansion pics I think there is a tremendous difference. What do you think??? I guess it sorta has to be your mouth to really notice the difference huh?



Something happened with tonight's expansion and talking all of a sudden got a bit easier. Perhaps because the appliance is now closer to the roof of my mouth it doesn't impede my speech quite as much. Whatever it is, I will take it as talking has been excruciating for the last couple of weeks. My mom says I sound like Lily Tomlin when she used to play 'Edith Anne" yeah, she is dating herself, but sad part is....I knew exactly who she was talking about, and...She was right? I do sound like her. :(

Last night I slept with my rubberbands on to hold my jaw forward. I finally got a good nights sleep! I did wake up a couple of time from my teeth hurting and had to move my rubberbands to opposite sides, but it was worth it as I slept pretty well for the rest of the night. Tomorrow I have an appointment to go check out a CPAP machine. Not sure if it is going to work for me or not, but I want to see if it will.

Tomorrow I will post a collage of expansion pics so you can see the progress from beginning to end. It is pretty cool to compare each pic since day one. It makes it much more noticeable. Especially for those of you who want visuals on this whole process (like I did.)

4 Comments:

  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Graham said…

    Way to go Brandy, looking good. I think the front view pics are subtle but the palate view ones show a clear difference, looks amazing! You are one lucky duck to only have a 3mm gap!

    Tomorrow is my big day. Wish me luck. :o)

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Thanks Graham!
    Best wishes for successful SARPE surgery tomorrow! Soon you will have big mouth just like mine ;) LOL. I will be thinking of you! Be sure and post how you are doing when you feel up to it!

    Brandy

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Everything is looking great, Brandy. Congratulations on getting through phase one. I pray my surgery goes as well. Only 13 days left! Thank you so much for the informative blog. I am so much more comfortable knowing what to expect. How long until the expander is out?

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    By the way, that was me posting earlier...I'm learning all kinds of new tricks with the computer since this braces thing has happened!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home