Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Day 23/ I Hate This RPE!

Ugghhhh! Today has been miserable! I'm having another "I hate this RPE day!" For those of you who do not have one of these I wish I could adequately explain how much they suck! For those of you who already have one or have had one before, then I'm sure you can relate! To make matters worse today one of my RPE's prongs has decided to make its final resting place on top of my bicuspid. I can only chew on my right side now since having my lower left molar extracted, and since the expansion my teeth are really not connecting very well right now. So, everytime I chew on my right side, it pushes the RPE down on the left side (on my tooth) and makes it just hurt. You know when you have to work so hard for something how it just sorta doesn't seem worth it sometimes??? Well that is how I feel about eating with this thing right now. It is just miserable, and unbearable. I'm truly only eating to survive at this point. It is just so much work, and so aggravating. I cannot eat anymore yogurt, applesauce, pudding and the like, as I'm just so sick of them I would rather go hungry. With as little as I have been eating these past few weeks you would think that I would be losing weight left and right! NOT! I think my body is in starvation mode and hanging on to everything. My metabolism has slowed to a snails pace I think! It is crazy!
I have an ortho appt at 7:20 tomorrow morning. Hopefully he will be able to do something about this prong situation, and I'm sure will send me on my way with some more new pain also. I think he is going to give me a new archwire on the lowers and some springs to go with it. Aren't I just the lucky one! :(

I did find out some new info on the C-Flex machine. Seems that there are a ton of different kinds of mask setups. They have very small ones that just go over your nose called nasal pillows. I'm going to see my durable medical equipment guy tomorrow and see if we can find another set up that will be more compatible with me. I'm feeling optimistic and hopeful about eventually getting some sleep now, so that is a good thing!

I'm still having stuffed up sinuses today and a mild headache. I have noticed that throughout the day sometimes my upper lip gets a bit numb feeling. Not sure if this is part of the healing process or what but I just wish it would go away. Normally I'm not a whiner but I'm still taking my antibiotics for my sinus infection and feel like I'm getting worse. I felt really good for a couple of days, now I'm feeling like I have a head cold or something. I go back to work tomorrow so I hope things start to improve, otherwise my week is not going to be very pleasant. I just want to feel like myself again! Ok...there, I'm done ranting for today! Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said…

    Oh, *big hug!* I feel bad for you, but I'm glad to be hundreds of miles away because I bet you are grouchy!!! I don't blame you, though. What a pain. It doesn't even help to think about how awesome it's going to be without all the appliances in your mouth, since that just makes you all the more anxious to have it done with, right? Poor thing. Just know there are others who are going through the same thing--and your complaints are actually giving them some relief from feeling so alone. Hang in there, girl! Because your bite already looks way better. (I'm impressed with your new upper arch!!)

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Thanks for the support, it was just a bad day. I mean I'm still not eating much but I know it will not last for long so I'm just trying to stay positive.

    I'm impressed with my new upper arch too! I'm still amazed everyday when I look at the pictures! Looks like someone elses mouth! LOL!

    Brandy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home