Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Day 32/ Burning In Front Teeth a Good Sign?

Here is a new pic of my current gap. Tomorrow will be two weeks since expansion was finished. My gap is starting to close a bit more and I have noticed that in the evenings I feel my front teeth sorta throbbing or pulsing. Today my front teeth were bothering me all afternoon. They had sortof a burny feeling between them. I have heard that burning is a good sign though, so I'm hoping that it means that things are proceeding on schedule and my body is busily working away at healing. Notice my nice matching lower space (gap) now. I think my teeth just like to copy each other :)


















Here is a new pic of my post surgery face minus the swelling, and bruising. I can say that my cheekbones look much bigger to me now. This pic makes my nose look huge, and while it has expanded a little it is not as big in real life a it looks in this pic...must be the angle or something. I'm starting to really like my newly emerging smile too. I'm definitely glad I have made it this far and chosen to do this. Even though the RPE is really annoying me, I still don't regret my decison at all. My tongue is not feeling so sore today, but I also didn't spend as much time talking at work so that is probably why.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! I just finished reading your blog and at times I felt like I was into a Steven King novel. Pain, irritation, aches, stitches; you have withstood more than a mere mortal should have to endure. Despite the agony you seem to have kept sight of the light at the end the tunnel.
    Congrats on your attitude and keep the blog going.

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Thanks! Really I'm sure it sounds a lot worse reading it then it really has been. Remember it was my choice to inflict all this "abuse" so honestly it is no big deal, I know it will be worth it in the end, and whats that saying...."that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger" so a little discomfort is probably good for my character! LOL....

    Brandy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home