Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Day 34/ RPE Saturation Point! IF I COULD RIP THIS THING OUT I WOULD!

Today is was another day with this horrible horrible device in my mouth. I came so close today to calling my OD and seeing if I can get this thing taken out. I can't effectively articulate how much I absolutely hate this RPE thing! I mean, I have never hated anything in my life as much as I hate this appliance! It is definitely the biggest challenge I have ever faced or had to endure. I so want it out! My tongue is constantly in pain, and in fact even had a visible cut on it today. I can't eat because my tongue hurts so bad and just gets more irritated moving food around etc. I'm usually pretty tough, and definetly not a whiner, but OMG! I freakin despise this beast. I keep thinking its got to get better, but instead it just keeps getting worse. I don't eat hardly at all as its just way too much effort, and I swear my mouth still can't decide if it is food or what, as it picks certain days to just salivate non stop! I so just want to SCREAM and tear this thing out of my mouth! I have 6 more weeks till it is replaced with the TPA, I'm going to try (praying tomorrow is better) but I'm not sure I can take it that long....seriously!

Other than this RPE hell I'm in, things are not to bad! I'm not sleeping very well though since I haven't been using the c-flex machine. Been snoring a lot and waking up really tired, which tells me that I'm still have apnea events while I'm asleep at night. I just can't deal with that machine though so I'm sorta stuck between a rock and a hard place.

My son has an overnighter at his school tomorrow night so I will be awake from 6:00am tomorrow morning until 8:00am Saturday Morning! I'm going to be a zombie! I mean I'm not sure I can even stay awake that long. It is not going to be pretty. I may have to run to the realtors office right after school also, as we find out if our bid for the house was accepted, rejected, or if they countered! Buying a house is so stressful!

6 Comments:

  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Thanks Amy,
    I know I will get through it, when its done it will feel like it was no big deal and like it wasn't very long to have to suffer. However, while I'm in the midst of it it does totally suck!

    Today is better though. Thank God for night time relief and healing. Just being able to sleep and not have to talk or use my tongue is truly heaven! It always feels 100% better when I awake.....good thing our mouths are quick healer. I think a big part of it is not getting enough sleep. Every problem is magnified when you are tired, and I'm very tired right now. I decided that after my sons overnighter tonight (provided I survive that long) I'm going to try and sleep with the C-Flex machine. I figure I will be so totally exhausted that I will not care about the mask that much and maybe I will be able to get some good solid, uninterrupted zzzzz's.
    Thanks for the support though, it helps!
    Nice pics on your blog too! I bet you love your new camera! I got one for Xmas that is awesome too!

    Brandy

     
  • At 6:41 AM, Blogger Graham said…

    Hang in there Brandy! I'm suffering right along with you! :) For me it seems I have one or two bad days followed by a good day, so hopefully you've got some good days headed your way.

    One other thing I'm starting to notice now is that the wider my jaw gets the more the hooks in the sides of the appliance are digging into my cheeks. I literally have to lift my cheeks over them if I want to open my mouth passed a certain point. Urg.

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Hey Graham,
    Funny you should mention that thing about the hooks. I have noticed the same thing. In fact I have to wear wax over them everyday as they just dig into my cheeks. I told my husband I think it must be with the new size my skin must stretch a bit. But I totally agree they didn't bother me really at all before the surgery but now they are very irritating.

    Glad to hear you are healing. It is defnitely an ongoing process...but your description sounds pretty accurate. Soon you will start having more good day then bad though.

    Keep healing!

    Brandy

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:11 PM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said…

    Hang in there, Brandy. I'm rooting for you!

    I'll tell you a funny thing...
    I have four very good Australian friends, and in America, of course, when we want to cheer someone on, we say we're going to "root" for them. Well, in Australia, if you say THAT in a sports bar, you get funny looks. Rooting means the eff word in Australia! Er, maybe less like the eff word, and more like what you would do with a lightbulb to get it into the socket, if you know what I mean. (NOT twisting.) Anyway.

    I'm still cheering for you, how about that, instead!

    Steph

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said…

    Okay, the Ozzies have a good laugh at the difference a comma can make.

    "The bear eats, roots and leaves." Or, "The bear eats roots and leaves." In the first sentence, roots is a verb.

    Oh, how this makes my friend laugh.

    What's this doing on an OS blog, anyway??

    Sorry.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home