Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Day 37/ Feeling Returning in The Roof of My Mouth/ Continued Changes in my Arch

Well I feel like I keep saying the same thing...LOL, that my tongue is still sore and inflamed, I'm thinking this daily rub is never going to go away, or at least not til this appliance comes out so I'm just resigned to suffering in silence at this point. I did have to run to Fred Meyer today (since Walmart was out) and pay $2.00 a pack for wax. It has become a staple for my daily survival and I was down to my last 1/4 inch of it from the OD, so I had to relent and buy some. My son has his 2nd adjustment on Thursday so I will replenish my wax supply when I go with him then. I'm still using my band-aide invention at night when I sleep. It is the only way my tongue can get a break.

I did get a pretty good nights sleep last night, mostly because I think I was completely exhausted! I used the C-flex for about 2 hours then ripped it off. I slept the rest of the night peacefully and did get into deep sleep quite a bit as I recall having several dreams. The fact that I awoke at least three times drooling all over my pillow (SO GROSS!!!) was another indicator that I was pretty out of it. I really needed it though and felt SO much better today, which was great!

I forgot to report yesterday that I've gotten a lot of feeling back in the roof of my mouth now. I can put my tongue between the top of the appliance and feel sensation and all the ridges very well. My upper teeth are still pretty numb as are the gums above them. Slowly but surely I'm beginning to notice small tingling of feeling in different areas so I know that the bone and the blood supply are finally starting to settle in and catch up. I'm ready for my diastema (gap) to be closed and it does seem to be making movement, however, it is doing so very slowly. Like maybe 1/4mm every few days. Incremental but progress nonetheless so I will take it!

Even though we have stopped expanding I'm constantly amazed at the progress that continues to take place in my mouth. Here is a pic of my expansion on the day that we stopped keying the appliance, and one taken just this morning.
If you look closely you can see that the arch, (especially in front) has become even more rounded and you can see the progress of my slowly closing gap. The appliance also seems to be sitting in my mouth a bit flatter lately. The teeth on the left of the pic have continued to move outward, especially my first molar. Where it had originally touched the appliance there is now a small space between the appliance and the tooth. The tipping on the second molar has also come in a bit. Not much as changed on the right side other than my first bicuspid tipping inward a bit more. I think this is due to the fact that I totally chew on my right side and is probably why so much has changed on that side as opposed to the left. I'm also constantly biting down on my appliance pushing against those protruding prongs with my teeth. I have noticed that my appliance is starting to become loose on one side too! When I push wax onto it I hear it sorta pop and move. It is not painful or anything but just sorta unnerving. Hopefully it will last another 6 weeks and just make the whole removal process easier!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said…

    Oh, AND, congrats on the new home....

    That's my dream.

    It sounds perfectly lovely.

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Thanks Steph, It's exciting! I can't wait to get all the selling done and move into the new place!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home