Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Day 55/ Five Weeks since Expansion Finish

Here is my five week post expansion gap pic. As you can see not much has changed from last week, even with the help of the powerchain over the weekend. My incisors do still feel like they are healing and my whole palate continues to become less numb so that is a plus. I would really like it if my gap would just get on with it and close completely. I'm sick of waiting now!

I have noticed a couple new changes lately. First for a long time (since the surgery) I have not had much going on in my sinuses. By that I mean they just haven't been like stuffy, or draining, or really much of anything. When I would blow my nose it would feel very strange and nothing seemed to come out. The last few days I have been noticing that my sinuses are starting to return to a more normal state. I actually had a bit of blood come out of one side this morning which is something I haven't seen in a long time. I think it means that the bone and blood supply are catching up, and that the nerves are regenerating. It would explain why I'm also getting more feeling and sensation in my front palate area.
Also, I have been sleeping at night with no Apnea. I have been dreaming everynight and not using the C-flex machine, or the rubberbands. Not sure why this is...only thing I can figure is that expansion has made more room in my mouth and widened my sinuses. Whatever the deal, I will take it!

Not much else to report accept that everyone around me has been sick, sick, sick. I consider myself lucky that I have not caught something as the germs have been running rampant I tell you. I think the only thing that has been saving me is the Emergen-C that I take daily. Even with all the extra work and lack of sleep my immune system seems to be holding its own lately. I highly recommend those little packets as they really do help and give you a great burst of energy after you take it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home