Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Day 57/ Apples Only a Mom Would Notice.

Today was a rather interesting day. It is odd to me how some days I feel pretty normal, and other days my teeth (mostly incisors) sorta throb throughout the day. Today was one of those days...my teeth were a bit achey all day. I always take that as a good sign as I believe it means my gap is just that much closer to closing, but honestly I don't know if that is really true or not, it's just what I think is going on.

I was looking at some pre and post pics today and can really see some changes that have come about as a result of this SARPE surgery. In the pre pic my nose was much thinner and the apples of my cheeks were not so big and round. Now post surgery my nose/sinuses are wider, less contoured, my smile lines start at a lower location, and my cheekbones are huge and round. Oh and of course my smile is much larger and my mid point is straighter. It is not really noticible to others as I don't think most people spend much time really studying our faces, however, it is very noticible to me. I can honestly say that I'm still getting used to my new look. Sometimes I look in the mirror and don't really recognize the new me, and honestly sorta miss the old me. I know this is normal though, and will just take a little while to get used to.

Well I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow so I'm going to hit the sack. Only 23 days til RPE gets removed!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:40 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Hey Amy,
    Do you ever sometimes feel like you liked the way you looked better before the changes? I agree its subtle, and I think that people know something is different but they aren't really sure what it is, and they just sorta chock it up to the changes in your smile.

    I sometimes worry about the changes from the second surgery, I mean I know I will look different I just wonder how different? Will it be a better different or a worse different. KNow what I mean.

    Yes 3 more weeks...trust me, I'm counting! LOL...

    Brandy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home