Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Day 24 Post Op - New Profile Pictures (Big Changes!)

Kristen asked me to post some before and after profile pics for comparison, so here they are. The pics are the right side before and after, and left side before and after.

 
 

I hadn't really realized just how much change has taken place until I looked at these comparisons. YOu can really see how my nose has changed in the second picture as well as the contour of my lips. You can also see my swelling a bit better. I really love my new profile though, and my new chin. I can't believe how much my face has changed, but not so much that I don't look like me anymore, just improved.




My right side is doing pretty well, but my left side is still pretty puffy, it is the side of my profile that I hate! LOL...It is also the side that has all the swelling going on inside my mouth.
 
 









Eating is getting better, mostly cause I'm just getting better at swallowing stuff whole. I have been eating a lot of Pho noodles lately. I love those things and since I make them at home, I'm able to grind up some beef and add it to the noodles. That way I can get some protein into me without chewing. When the rice noodles are all cut up it is very easy to swallow, and some how makes me feel better everytime I eat it.


Sleeping is still very frustrating. I can't seem to sleep with my rubberbands on as they make my jaw muscles hurt, yet I can't sleep without them or I wake with my jaw muscles hurting also. Last night I had a very disturbing, murderous dream (which I never have) and woke up several times drooling profusely. Yes....its totally gross I know, but hey, I'm hear to state the facts, and that is what is happening. I guess I"m going to try sleeping with the rubberbands again. At least I don't drool all over the place when my mouth is locked shut. I'm so tired today that I will probably just pass out for at least a few hours. Then I will be up, microwaving my rice bags so that I can go back to sleep for hopefully a few more hours. I will be so happy when the joints become stronger and I can actually comfortably hold my mouth shut without having to work at it.
Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

  • At 5:27 AM, Blogger Tara said…

    WOW, that's about the only word that I can think of saying!!! You look AMAZING!!! What a huge difference. But like you said, it's a big difference, but you still look like you. That's great! I'm sorry to hear that the bands are that great. That must really stink not being able to get any good sleep. Are you still out of work? I think you said before that you were done for the summer, so at least you don't have to get up and try to work all day. I hope that I will be able to sleep because my surgeon said I should only need two weeks off from work, then back to work it is for me, and I don't function well on little sleep. Oh well, I'll have to deal with that then. Just wanted to say how great you look!

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Martha said…

    Hey, Brandi! I was really uncomfortable the first couple of days I wore my bands - and I only have two! - but it got better once they brought my bite together like they were supposed to do. Are you wearing them at all during the day? I'm just wondering if wearing them more for a couple of days would help your muscles adjust faster. I know when I first wore my I had tons of muscle spasms going on. I thought, "It's a good thing I am a mature 45 year old or I would have taken the darn things out." Once my bite came together and my muscles kind of got the idea of what they were supposed to be doing, life improved a lot.

    I also emphatize with your being tired. I'm a few days ahead of you and finally, this past Friday, turned a corner as far as my energy goes. I almost feel like my normal self again. You're just a little behind me, so I hope you're turn around the corner is not far off.

    Oh! I should have said this first. YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!! The difference in your before and after pics is impressive. You're right you still look like you, only a lot younger! You must be so pleased.

    Hang in there. You're doing great!

    Martha

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! What a transformation.

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger Graham said…

    No kidding! The profile really shows the changes. Looking really good Brandy!

    By the way, you were mentioned on the yahoo ortho2 site today:

    "Ok, now that I know it is ok to post links here....There is a lovely woman named Brandy who detailed her SARPE in a blog. It is by far the best source of patient info I have found yet. She started with the SARPE and then had upper and lower a few weeks ago. Go back to the beginning to find the sarpe info."

    You're quite the celebrity! :)

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger Shontelly said…

    I def see the changes!! Your looking great Brandy!! Free nose job, heeeeyyyyyyyyy!! lol :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home