Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Day 23 - Swelling Coming Down Some

Last night was another uncomfortable night. Seems my jaw joints cannot get used to these rubberbands. They were aching all night last night. I got up at 4:30 to heat up my heat packs (which I swear are attached to my face 24/7 these days) I feel back asleep until finally at 8:00 this morning I just ripped the stupid rubberbands off so I could get some sleep. Then of course I went back to sleep but my mouth fell open, and in addition to waking in a pool of drool (so gross) my jaw joints were killing me again. I swear it is a no win situation. Beneath the stars told me that chewing would really do a lot to strengthen my jaw muscles, however, seeing that I won't be chewing anything for at least 8 more weeks, I have started doing opening and closing exercises during the day. I just pretend I'm chewing without really biting down and just open and close my mouth a bunch. I don't know if its helping or not, but I suppose I will know soon enough.

The swelling in my bottom lip area is a bit less today. It still is numb and puffy feeling but not as bad. I feel like I have more mobility in that area today. My lower teeth are very achey today though. Not sure if it is from the rubberbands or just feeling coming back in them (I think it is feeling though as it is the whole lower front quadrant not just the teeth being used to anchor the rubberbands.)
Things inside my mouth are still very swollen though, and comfortably closing it is not easy. I'm hoping that will change in the next few weeks.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger learian said…

    Hi, Brandyleigh,

    It just seems downright impolite to keep reading and rereading your blog without saying thank you. I am on Day 4 post op from an MMA with Dr. Kasey Li. You might know me as learian3 on Sleepnet. You are an inspiration. This is quite a big "think" we've done! Best, Toni

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said…

    Hey Toni!
    Congratulations on making it to the other side. This week will be the worst and you have already made it through 5 days, so give yourself a pat on the back, you are doing great!

    Sounds like you are in good hands with Dr. Li, He is definitely the famous one regarding this surgery. I know Shelby has been very happy with him, and Kristen (link on my blog) had her upper and lower done by him also. Oh and Anabelle had him too. He is a popular guy isn't he? LOL

    Glad you have found the blog helpful. That is why I decided to do this whole blogging thing. Wanted it to be useful to others who might be going through this also. Anyway.....good luck to you and happy healing!

    Brandy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home