Brandy's Braces, SARPE, Jaw Surgery Journal

This is my daily journal to my eventual perfect smile and Apnea free life. It logs my surgeries, and daily progress.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Day 26, Tired jaws and Sensitive Sniffer

Ok, didn't post anything new yesterday as there was nothing really remarkable to post. Things gradually improving day by day but nothing clearly significant to warrant a full post yesterday.

Today a friend of mine came to visit and we talked for about 2.5 hours straight. It is the most exercise my jaw has gotten since surgery. All in all (at the moment) it feels ok, I can tell I over worked it a bit as the numbness on my tongue dies down during the day, but when it gets strained it starts to come back again, as does the tingly feeling in my cheeks and I'm feeling that now.

Last night I slept well again, and actually had a dream that I was chewing some gum. I was chewing thinking it tasted good, when my jaw started hurting and I was like OMG I'm not supposed to be chewing anything and rapidly spit it out. Of course I was then paranoid that I had done some major damage, and the stress of it all woke me up! LOL...

Something I have noticed lately, and I'm not sure if it is due to the surgery or what is that I'm like super sensitive to smells now. Not sure if it is because my sinuses are more open now and I can smell stuff I normally couldn't or what, but its like everything smells so strongly now. I find myself repulsed by stuff that never used to bother me. An after affect of the anethesia possibly? Whatever it is its sortof driving me nuts.

The numbness in my left side and lower lip continues to diminish. With it the numbness in my mouth and tongue is gradually getting less and less. Today I noticed that my lower li is getting tingly all over and Im' starting to get more feeling back in it. If things continue as they have been I may not have any residual numbness at all, which would be phenomenal! I even have feeling in my chin now. Its not completely back but enough so at this point that I can feel if anything is running down my chin, or on it so that is a plus.

I'm still sleeping with the rubberbands at night, but they have become a bit more tolerable. At least for 7-8 hours of sleep. Then I just yank them off and go back to sleep for a few more without them. My teeth are looking really good though, and my bite is fitting together so well. It feels so weird to have a bite that is lined up like it is supposed to be as I have never had that. Here is a new pic of my teeth.
  I must admit as the swelling is getting less and less I'm starting to feel happier and happier with my results. I love my new chin, I love my new aligned smile, I like my new nose shape, I love my profile, and that I don't look like I have a double chin anymore, and I especially love my new lip shape. After the SARPE my top lip seem to flatten out and when I would smile it would appear as if I had no top lip, and when relaxed things never seem to fit just right. Now when I put lipstick on, my top lip has a contour to it, and looks so much more fuller then it used to. That is pretty cool! I love that I can sleep now, and breathe better, and DREAM! I mean pretty much I love everything about my results. I honestly can't find anything that I think was not improved with this surgery. At 26 days post op, I can honestly say that I would so do it all again in a heartbeat!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 6:39 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    I had the sensitive sniffer too. I still do. I'm still not used to my sinuses being open more. Oh wait until you get your first post-op cold. Mine was sooo annoying. My nostrils itched like mad and got soooo dry. I was going through the saline spray like crazy.

    I'm glad to see you're doing so well, Brandy. You look GREAT!

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You answered both of my questions. It certainly encourages me to think about my options.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home